Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Confessions of a {SAHM}

You would think that staying at home all day every day, my house would be in immaculate condition and there would always be a hot meal ready. Oh, and why not throw in a fresh batch of cookies right out of the oven! There's no excuse not to have the time for that. Well. Try keeping four small children alive and on top of that, nurturing their minds and teaching them how to be a respectable person. In other words, I need a maid. I still aim for the pristine house and nice home-cooked meals. But it can wait a few years. Then I'll see if it's a reality yet.


  • My boys {frequently} pee through the bars on the railing, outside, onto the stones.
  • I've rinsed out the bowl of the small potty in the sink.
  • My house can go a month between vaccumings.
  • Most days I don't eat real food until 2 PM. {nap time}
  • If I do eat breakfast, it's because I'm super starving and it's usually leftover dinner because that's all I have time for.
  • Sometimes my boys go a week {or more} between baths.
  • I watch one or more Toy Story movies on an average of every three days.
  • My boys eat yogurt for breakfast 90% of the time.
  • I vegetate in front of the t.v. or the computer more than I should when my boys are sleeping.
  • Today I let my two-year-old go bottom-less outside for about an hour.
  • I think I've actually cooked a dinner maybe once or twice a week for the last two months.
  • My three-year-old is excellent at running errands around the house for me.
  • My boys eat peanut butter sandwiches for lunch 95% of the time.
  • I've watched all three Toy Story movies in the same day at least 15 times.
  • My two-year-old {who barely talks} can recognize almost any quotation or beginning of a song from Frozen.
  • I really don't like taking my boys to play on their swing set. It's too far from the house.
  • I start potty training early because I'm lazy.
  • When my baby spits up I don't use a burp cloth. I use my own clothing.
  • Sometimes when I take a shower my t.v. is the babysitter.
  • I seriously love nap time!
  • But even more than that I love my crazy boys, and even though everyone always says it, I really wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment