Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Yummo Cheesy Crockpot Chicken

Mmmm.... This is my favorite meal! I'm getting a little excited just typing about it.
This is so easy and so yummy. Also, it's gluten-free.

1-2 chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
dash of cayenne
1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese


Add all ingredients together except shredded cheese in a crockpot on low for 6 hours.
After chicken has cooked through, shred, and add cheese. Cook for one more hour.
Serve over rice.

Now here's how I make it:
First off, double the recipe because this is amazing, and I want left overs.
Add all ingredients together except cheese in a crockpot on low, unless I started it late. Then set it to high.
After chicken is cooked through, usually less than 6 hours, shred, and add cheese. Oh, and I don't use colby jack. I just use cheddar.
I usually start it too late. :) Whoops...
I didn't shred the chicken this time.. I just cut it because I was that lazy...

This meal is just so yummy, I'm starting to drool. It's perfect for busy days. My picky two-year-old will even eat it without nagging. Not that I nag... Ha. It's my favorite for Sunday afternoons.
Happy eating!


Creative K Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment