Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

Today starts the journey to better eating while saving money.
Our goal as a family is to spend less money, and pay off as much debt as we can. My goal, (that I didn't consult my husband about because I know he's not as passionate as I am) is to feed my family better quality food.
Also, I need to drink more water. ;)
My husband is an avid hunter and filled our freezer this year with two deer.

For dinner we had venison stew: venison stew meat, carrots, corn, and seasonings. Easy. I wanted to make it a little more interesting so I cooked some quinoa on the side. My family loves quinoa.

My husband kept saying how great it tasted.
Happy family from a healthy, easy, cheap meal. Yay me! I took an adult sized portion and blended it up for my 11-month old. He finished it. That boy is under 5th percentile and you wouldn't guess it by watching him eat.

I don't know why I don't make things that easy for myself more often. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment