Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Yummy Taco Soup

Mmmm... This was great.
I measured out my soaked beans from earlier, piled in the rest of the ingredients, cooked it for a little while, and voila!
Every one of us loved it! My skinny, 5th percentile-in-weight, 11-month old boy had two bowls! Two. This kid eats more than me. I don't know why he's still so skinny. Anyways....

The first time we had this, I prepared it as a freezer meal. No matter which way you prepare it, it's just all thrown together. My kind of cookin'.


  • 2 lbs. cooked ground meat - I actually only use about a pound. I use venison.
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 can of pinto beans
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1 can of small red beans - I soaked all my own beans for this and measured out about 6-5 cups worth
  • 2 cups fresh/frozen corn
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
  • 16 oz. tomato sauce
  • 7 tsp. (or one packet) homemade taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. minced onion
  • 2 tsp. parsley flakes
  • 4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
I put it all into a pot on the stove over medium heat until it was all cooked. Once it's cooked, set the heat lower until you're ready for dinner! It's okay to leave it on for an hour or two. It's meant for a crockpot recipe if you start it earlier. If you use your crockpot, set it on high for 3-5 hours. If you want to freeze it, just cook it after you thaw it. 
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and any other fun condiments you like! 
Warning: It's really filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment